Managers are not leaders, but leaders who do not possess the necessary management skills would have difficulty in being effective and successful leaders given that organisations are increasingly flatter in structure, more technology-oriented, and knowledge-based. Not losing sight of the vision and keeping implementation on track are critical to transforming vision into reality, thus demonstrating the importance of management skills.
This workshop is designed to demonstrate the necessity and importance of management techniques and leadership skills in organisations.
Date & Time
Wednesday, 27 October 2021
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Hong Kong Management Association,
14/F Fairmont House,
8 Cotton Tree Drive,
Central, Hong Kong
Medium of Instruction
English, which, depending on the needs of participants, may be supplemented with Cantonese or Mandarin
- What Is Management?
- Widely Known Management Principles that are Still Applicable
- Management Skills – the Foundation for Leadership
- Understand the Components of a Management Process
- The Need for a Management System to Provide Data
- Management Indicators and Scorecards within the System
Evidence Based Leadership
- Differences between Management and Leadership
- Leading through the Use of Data and Evidence Instead of “Gut Feel”
- “Gut Feel” – A Sign to Examine through Facts
- Numbers Tell a Story
- Communicate, Explore to Jointly and Collaboratively Determine Issues and Ways to Improve
- Use of Soft Skills to Build Trust, Relationship and Lead to Achieve Results
- Integrate Management and Leadership Skills to Bring Results
Case Study for Demonstration
- Interpreting Data
- Skills Practices and Role Play
Ms Weelan Ho is the Principal and Director of PGA Consulting Limited (HK) and the Director of Ascent Global Service Pty Limited (Australia). She has significant experience in helping companies create value and improve bottom-line results through Strategy Development, Operations & Sales Improvement, Service Excellence and Organization Cultural Change Programs etc., just to name a few. The clients she has worked with are multinationals, public listed companies, family-owned enterprises and SME across Asia Pacific in multiple industries as well as with the public sector.
Early Bird Discount
Deadline for Discount:
Information at a Glance
Tuition fee for Members:HK$2,780
Tuition fee for Non-members:HK$2,980
Medium of Instruction:English & Chinese
Mode of Instruction:Face-to-face
Due to current COVID-19 situation, the mode of instruction might be changed from face-to-face to online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. The Association will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements as necessary.