IELTS Course – The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the leading internationally recognized English Language benchmarking test for migrants, students and personnel worldwide. It tests a candidate’s ability to speak, read, listen and write in English. IELTS is the test adopted by the Government of the HKSAR to test university leavers’ competency and has been adopted by the private sector as the staff-benchmarking examination when planning promotions or training.
The English preparatory course allows participants to get familiar with the details of IELTS, equip themselves with different test taking techniques and strategies by practising the component papers of the IELTS examination and have a better understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses in the four language skills. Participants are required to take an internal examination at the end of the course. Those who pass the internal examination will be awarded a certificate by the HKMA.
|Application & Files|
23 March 2021
10 March 2021
Face-to-face / Online
This English course is designed for people aged 16 or above, preferably with Form 5 English standard.
IELTS Course Outline
- Listening for specific information
- Identifying opinion speakers
- Understanding the meaning of words
- Identifying reason and argument
- Skills in skimming and scanning information
- Identifying the main ideas and completing a summary
- Skills in note-taking
- Skills in completing tables, charts or diagrams
- Skills in writing short answers; matching headings to paragraphs and matching causes and effects
- Responding to a given problem
- Presenting a point of view
- Describing people or places
- Editing technique
- Expressing opinions
- Exchanging and comparing
- Talking about specific topics
- Pronunciation and conversation activities
** The course contents will cover both the Academic and General Training.
|Subject||Venue & Date||Tuition Fee||Application & Brochure|
|30 Hours (12 Sessions) Intensive Course
|Monk Kok West (L)
Tue, 7:00pm – 9:30pm
General Enquiry / Course Enrolment / Membership
|Phone:||2774 8500 / 2774 8501|
|E-mail:||firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com|