About the Game
The Hong Kong Management Game challenges teams of business executives to outwit each other in the making of management decisions. Each team faces the same real-to-life business situations, having to decide how best to increase their market share and profits. The essence of the Game is the ability to make sound business decisions consistently, in the fields of finance, production, investment and marketing even at a time of crisis. Moreover, these decisions need to be welded into a strategy if a winning combination is to be achieved.
This realistic simulation of business is not just a game, but has serious training objectives. Over the years, the competition has developed into one of the most sophisticated and challenging computer simulated management training exercises available – one which develops and tests the teams in an exciting competitive atmosphere.
|Application & Files|
Date for Briefing:
Tuesday, 18 October 2022, 5pm-6pm (Zoom)
Date for Final:
Saturday, 5 November 2022
Thursday, 20 October 2022
Benefits to Participants
The Hong Kong Management Game has proved to be an exciting and efficient tool in management training. Every year, more than 60 companies and organizations select the Game to supplement their classroom training for their executives. Benefits of the Game include:
- It simulates the real world. Managers can relate to the issues raised during the Game without fear of failure.
- It reveals how all the constituent parts of a company need to act in unison if the optimum results are to be achieved. It enables Managers to see the big picture.
- It stresses the value of teamwork, and how to encourage the exchange of ideas and experience between members.
- If resources are to be used most efficiently, teams need to form strategic plans, not take isolated decisions. This involves the ability to foresee the consequences of intended decisions.
What Past Participants Say
“Just try and you will love the Game. The Game contains a lot of documents. You should know the different methods to analyse the hundreds of numbers and to find out and solve the problems of the company. The process is really exciting and you will have a lot of satisfaction. Moreover, the Game is a tool simulating the real world. There is no absolute answer to a question and you should not only focus on your company, but also you should guess what your opponents will do because the actions of the different players will affect the other teams. This is fantastic!”
Mr Eric Chan, Team Leader
KTMC Boys, 2011 Hong Kong Management
“It is a holistic management training tool in which participants can learn about various ways to handle different situations. The game mirrors the real market environment.”
Mr Dickson Lee, Team Leader
Wharf T&T, 2013 Hong Kong Management
- Each team consists of four members.
- A team can be formed by executive personnel drawn from a real company or by individuals getting together and giving themselves a fictitious company name.
- No individual participant may be a member of more than one team.
- The decision of the Game Administrator is final in all matters relating to the competition, including acceptance of entries.
- Each team is required to observe strictly the time schedule. If, for any reason, decisions are not received from a competing team on time, standard decisions as described in the Participants’ Manual will be entered on behalf of the team. If this happens more than once in any one round, the team concerned will be eliminated from the competition without refund of any part of the registration fee.
- In registering for the Game, each team leader understands and undertakes that in the event of his/her team becoming the Hong Kong Champion, the team will represent Hong Kong to play in the Asian Management Game.
- In line with the rules of similar competitions in other countries, to maintain a level playing field for all and to avoid unhealthy domination by well-experienced teams against newcomers, it has been decided that no identical teams should win a prize in the Hong Kong Management Game two times in a row.
In its 51st year, the Hong Kong Management Game, a computer-simulated competition, commenced with the Official Round on 15 September 2021. The Hong Kong Final was held on 23 October 2021. After four rounds of competition, the team “WeChillHK” emerged as the Hong Kong Champion and won a cash prize of HK$8,000 and four round-trip air tickets to Taiwan sponsored by Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. The first runner-up (the team “KTMC”) received a cash prize of HK$5,000, and the second runner-up (the team “Lifescape Creator”) a cash prize of HK$3,000. This year, the game was also sponsored by Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd, Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Ltd and The Wharf (Holdings) Ltd.
The Hong Kong Champion will represent Hong Kong and compete in the 2022 Asian Management Game (AMG) organized by the Asian Association of Management Organizations (AAMO) and hosted by the Macau Management Association. The event will be held between July and August and conducted through the Internet. Teams from the region, who will be winners of the respective management games, will complete for the regional championship. Participating teams will come from Hong Kong, India Macau, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka.
|Ms Mei Tang|
|Tel: 2774 8553|
For Game Information
|Ms Winnie Sit|
|Tel: 2774 8573|