Results of the annual HKMA Quality Award, one of the most prestigious business awards in Hong Kong, are hereby announced. The awards will be presented by Dr Y K Pang GBS JP, Chairman of the Quality Award Organizing Committee and Deputy Chairman of The Hong Kong Management Association, during the Award Presentation Ceremony to be held on Wednesday, 14 October 2020 at JW Marriot Hotel Hong Kong.
AECOM Asia Co Ltd was awarded the Grand Award in recognition of its strong commitment and distinguished achievement in total quality management. Hong Kong Cyberport Management Co Ltd was awarded the Excellence Award; and the Merit Award went to Prudential Hong Kong Ltd. The Special Awards for established and medium enterprises went to ABC Pathways Group, e-banner Ltd and Hong Kong District Cooling Company Ltd.
The following are some brief but specific comments on each winner:
GRAND AWARD WINNER:
AECOM Asia Co Ltd
AECOM has a very distinct mission focusing on mega projects supported by records of accomplishment demonstrating the organization as a reliable partner and a potential consultant of choice. It has a well-established and proven workflow, guiding proper performance in fulfilling customer and statutory requirements. An effective and systematic management approach is demonstrated which is well integrated with the company’s current and future organizational needs. This is reflected in their sustained record of accomplishment in delivering iconic mega projects such as highways, new towns, MTR lines and stations, and water treatment facilities in Hong Kong over the past decades.
EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNER:
Hong Kong Cyberport Management Co Ltd
Cyberport has established a very well-defined organization profile with clear customer segmentation into public mission and commercial sector. The instrumental role of Cyberport to form an innovation hub is evident through its ability in attracting over 700 startups and grooming four unicorns, as well as attracting over 13 billion Hong Kong dollars of investment globally since 2010. Total Quality Management is demonstrated by Cyberport with its clear commitment to compliance with rule and regulation, emphasis on ethical behavior, support for societal well-being and key communities, and development of green initiatives.
MERIT AWARD WINNER:
Prudential Hong Kong Ltd
Prudential has demonstrated effective and systematic approaches responsive to the overall requirements of the award criteria, placing much emphasis on customer focus. The company actively gauges the views of customer through various channels such as service hotlines/emails, service centers, agents, focus groups, surveys, online customer communities and social media platforms. Prudential makes good use of Chatbot to process claims, thereby reducing the processing time significantly. The company has also responded swiftly to COVID-19 as a special insurance policy was launched in Hong Kong to cater for market needs.
SPECIAL AWARD FOR ESTABLISHED AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES:
ABC Pathways Group
ABC Pathways Group is a leading group in children education that provides English education with a “happy learning” style in support of its vision “transforming Hong Kong into a place with enjoyable education that leads to academic success”. Partnered with Cambridge University Press, ABC has co-created the unique programme “Read4Fun” which is a synthetic phonics programme. Its achievement is evidenced by the outstanding academic results in the Cambridge English Young Learner English Exams and high percentage of kindergarten students being accepted by primary schools of their first choice.
e-banner’s major business activities are providing professional digital printing and exhibition installation services in Hong Kong. The company has demonstrated commitment to environmental protection in its operations by investment in state-of-the-art technology and environmentally friendly machineries. It has generated substantial positive impacts both economically and socially in the past few years, and has demonstrated a rising trend in both profitability and market share.
Hong Kong District Cooling Company Ltd
Adapted from its parent company Veolia, Hong Kong District Cooling (HKDC)’s vision and mission are clearly stated and deployed. It has demonstrated commitment to corporate social responsibility and actively supported the communities. Being the first adopter of remote controlled submarine for underwater plant facility inspection and hydraulic-assisted valve operation are good examples of its commitment to innovation and quality. With a strong emphasis on safety, health, environment and quality, HKDC is accredited with numerous ISO management systems.
Introduction of the HKMA Quality Award
The Association introduced the annual Quality Award in 1991 to give recognition to those companies in Hong Kong which have made a lasting commitment to quality and also to provide an opportunity for companies to share with one another their experience in Total Quality Management. This year marks the 29th Anniversary of the HKMA Quality Award.
Members of the Panel of Judges include:
- Mr Helmuth Hennig, Non-Executive Member of the Board, Jebsen Group (Chairman);
- Mr Guy Bradley, Chief Executive, Swire Properties Ltd;
- Ir Alkin Kwong JP, Vice Chairman and Chief Executive, Hong Yip Holdings Ltd;
- Mr Patrick Lee, Independent Management Consultant;
- Mr Stephen Leung; Country Manager, Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Ltd;
- Mr Yasuyuki Matsumoto, Managing Director, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Ltd;
- Dr Y K Pang GBS JP, Deputy Managing Director, Jardine Matheson Ltd;
- Mr Wan Chi Tin, Managing Director, The HongKong Electric Co Ltd; and
- Mr Michael Wu, Chairman & Managing Director, Maxim’s Caterers Ltd
Members of Board of Examiners include:
- Professor Matthew Yuen, Professor Emeritus, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Chairman);
- Mr Frankie Cheng, Senior Manager, Quality Assurance, Synergis Management Services Ltd;
- Mr Eric Chow, General Manager – Corporate Financial Management, The Hong Kong and China Gas Co Ltd;
- Mr Charles Ho, Learning and Development Manager, MTR Corporation Ltd;
- Mr Peter Jung, Executive Director, Milton Exhibits Group;
- Ms Katherine Lau, General Manager, Corporate Quality and Sustainability, Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Ltd;
- Dr Brenda Lee, Founder & Director, Gold Rank Consultants Ltd;
- Ms Ivy Leung, Global Chief Intellectual Capital Officer, Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd;
- Mr Teddy Liu, General Manager – Group Audit & Management Services, New World Development Company Ltd; and
- Ms Louisa Tam, Hospital Category & Tender Lead, Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Ltd
Members of the Organizing Committee include:
- Dr Y K Pang GBS JP, Deputy Managing Director, Jardine Matheson Ltd (Chairman);
- Ms Agnes Chan, Managing Partner, Hong Kong and Macau, EY;
- Ms Mary Huen, Executive Director and CEO, Hong Kong, Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd;
- Mr Wilson Kwong, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Limited;
- Ms Elaine Liu, Group Associate Director & Chief Human Resources Officer, Sino Land Co Ltd;
- Mr Perry Mak, Former Managing Director and Executive Director, Hong Kong Economic Times;
- Mr Paul Poon, Vice Chancellor – CLP Power Academy, CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd; and
- Ir Ben Wong, Vice President, Hong Kong Airlines Ltd.
Lead Award Sponsors:
- AMOREPACIFIC (Hong Kong) Co Ltd
- ASM Pacific Technology Ltd
- Maxim’s Group
- Swire Pacific Ltd
Document Management Sponsor:
- Fuji Xerox (Hong Kong) Ltd
- Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminals Ltd
- Hong Kong Economic Times
- The Hong Kong and China Gas Co Ltd
- The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd.
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- Hong Yip Service Co Ltd
- The Kowloon Motor Bus Co (1933) Ltd
- Manfield Coatings Co Ltd
- Metro Broadcast Corporation Ltd
- Sino Group
- Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd
- Synergis Management Services Ltd
- CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd
- MTR Corporation Ltd
- SOCAM Development Ltd
For more information, please visit the website of the HKMA Quality Award at: www.hkma.org.hk/qa.
For enquiries on the Award, please contact Ms Fion Sze on 2774 8504.
Issued by The Hong Kong Management Association on Monday, 7 September 2020.
|Ms Renee Cheng|
|Membership and Events Manager||3958 4818 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Lily Hui|
|Senior Membership and Events Manager||2774 8560 / email@example.com|