The Hong Kong Management Association (HKMA) is honoured to announce ViuTV and Now TV as the title sponsors of the Awards for Marketing Excellence in 2021. Established by HKMA in 1985, the Awards aims to bestow honour and public recognition on individuals and organizations that have, through outstanding marketing programmes, broken barriers and raised the standards of the marketing profession in Hong Kong. Entering its 36th edition, the Awards will continue to drive the development of the marketing profession in Hong Kong and the region under the name of HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence.
The 2021 HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence is now open for application and nomination until May 3, 2021. A briefing session will be held on April 1 for interested marketing practitioners.
Since its establishment in 1985, the Awards for Marketing Excellence has always served as an effective platform that honours creative, cutting-edge marketing campaigns as well as the elites behind them. The Awards sets stellar examples for the industry and drives its development towards professional excellence. Thanks to the long-standing support from all sectors of society, the Awards gradually gained wide recognition and is regarded as the Oscars of the marketing industry.
ViuTV is dedicated to bringing Hong Kong audience a great variety of television entertainment, including factual entertainment, variety shows, original dramas, travelogues, infotainment, news and sports programmes. Now TV is the leading pay-TV operator in Hong Kong and the media entertainment arm of HKT, Hong Kong’s premier telecommunications service provider. Since its launch in 2003, Now TV has been offering top-notch live sporting events and world-class entertainment programmes, delighting viewers with movies and TV series they love and keeping customers informed with quality news and documentaries.
Mr. S K Cheong, Deputy Chairman of the HKMA and Chairman of the 2021 HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence Organizing Committee, said, “We owe the Awards’ many years of development as an industry benchmark to the unfailing support of all our Sponsors, members of the Organizing Committee, Board of Examiners and Panel of Judges, as well as the participation of all marketing agencies, organizations and industry practitioners, for which I must express my sincerest thanks. Although the Hong Kong economy has faced unprecedented challenges over the past year, we believe firmly that the resilience and adaptability of Hong Kong marketing professionals will present us with even more brilliant and creative campaigns in 2021, under the new banner of the HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence. We are enthused about the partnership with ViuTV and Now TV and look forward to the exciting enhancements to the “Oscars of Marketing” that we will develop together.”
Dr. Victor Lee, Executive Director of the HKMA, said, “Marketing is an important element of management. The HKMA sincerely thank Television Broadcasts Limited for its long-standing support towards the Awards over the past 31 years and for its untiring efforts in driving the professional development of the marketing industry. In 2021, the HKMA is very honoured to have the title sponsorships of ViuTV and Now TV. Apart from being an annual highlight for the Association, the Awards for Marketing Excellence is also an important yearly celebration for the industry. We look forward to the new sparks that this partnership will create. Together, we shall bring the Awards to yet another new height.”
Mr. Lofai Lo, Director and General Manager of HK Television Entertainment Company Limited, said, “One can tell how resilient and creative Hong Kongers are just by looking at the high standards demonstrated by the past awardees of the Awards for Marketing Excellence. ViuTV is driven by a mission to promote local production and therefore resonates with the Awards’ vision. Through the partnership, we wish to join hands in honouring the brilliant ideas of the local marketing sector, and eventually bring effective creativity to an even bigger and wider platform.”
Mr. Derek Choi, Head of Pay-TV, PCCW Media Limited, said, “Now TV is best known for its diversified world-class content. For this we have been working with renowned global content providers to bring high-quality family entertainment programmes to our premium audience. We believe the creativity of Hong Kong’s marketing professionals is also “world-class”. Such devotion to excellence is exactly what Now TV is constantly striving for. As the leading pay-TV broadcaster in town, we greatly value this partnership and will do our best to present the Awards to our viewers through TV or digital platforms.”
The HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence will honour its heritage and pave the way for a new future. Highlighting meticulous, fair and professional judging standards, the Awards will continually serve the industry by bestowing honour on outstanding marketing campaigns and practitioners while presenting an important platform for exchange and learning.
(From left to right) Mr. Lofai Lo, Director and General Manager of HK Television Entertainment Company Limited, Mr. S K Cheong, Deputy Chairman of the HKMA and Chairman of the 2021 HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence Organizing Committee, Dr. Victor Lee, Executive Director of the HKMA, and Mr. Derek Choi, Head of Pay-TV, PCCW Media Limited, unveil the details of the HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence.
Details of this year’s “HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence” are as follows:
The Campaign Awards aim to recognize the best marketing campaigns and the companies behind them. Selected campaigns will be awarded the Now TV Gold Award, Silver Award, Bronze Award, three Excellence Awards, four Merit Awards and 14 Special Awards as follows. The newly launched “Excellence in Video Marketing” and “Excellence in Mainland and International Marketing” will be awarded to those marketing campaigns which have demonstrated innovative use of video platforms and those launched by Hong Kong based companies whose target market extends beyond Hong Kong borders into Mainland China and/or other international markets, respectively.
- Excellence in Video Marketing
- Excellence in Mainland and International Marketing
- Excellence in Agility and Crisis Management
- Excellence in Branding
- Excellence in Content Marketing
- Excellence in Customer Insights
- Excellence in Innovation
- Excellence in Marketing Collaboration
- Excellence in Online and Offline Integration
- Excellence in Small Budget Marketing
- Excellence in Social Good
- Excellence in Social Media Marketing
- Excellence in TV Commercial
- Excellence in Use of Data
Individual Awards are intended to recognize the outstanding achievement of marketers who have made significant contributions to the marketing development of their companies or clients as well as the business community. There are two categories for Individual A wards:
- Distinguished Marketing Leadership Awards
- Outstanding Marketing Professional Awards
A ViuTV Marketer of the Year will be selected from amongst the Distinguished Marketing Leadership Awardees.
“HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence” Briefing Session
1 April 2021 (Thursday)
Seminar on “The Way to Become a Top Marketer in an Age of Uncertainties”
26 April 2021 (Monday)
Deadline for Application/Nomination
3 May 2021 (Monday)
Deadline for Written Submission
Campaign Awards: 31 May 2021 (Monday)
Individual Awards: 7 June 2021 (Monday)
June – August 2021
Award Presentation Ceremony
25 October 2021 (Monday)
BOARD OF EXAMINERS
The Board of Examiners comprises members of the 2021 “HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence” Organizing Committee and the 2020/21 Marketing Management Committee of the HKMA, members of which are distinguished leaders from various industries, to ensure that the judging process engages opinions and views from a wide array of sectors.
Members of the 2021 “HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence” Organizing Committee include:
- Mr S K Cheong, Executive Director, PuraPharm (Chairman)
- Mr C K Chan, Head of Hong Kong & Macau, Tmall World
- Ms Jojo Chan, Executive Director, Tai Hing Group Holdings Limited
- Mr Tom Chan, Managing Director, Commercial Group, HKT Limited
- Mr Derek Choi, Head of Pay-TV, PCCW Media Group
- Ms May Chung, General Manager, Nestlé Hong Kong Ltd
- Mr Stephen Ho, Founder and CEO, n-hop Technologies
- Mr William Ip, Managing Director, Carousell Hong Kong
- Mr Lawrence Lam, Chief Executive and Consumer Business Manager, Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Mr Raymond Lam, General Manager, MaBelle International Limited
- Mr Joseph Lau, Managing Director, Multi-Franchise Group Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan, Sime Darby Motor Group (HK) Limited
- Dr Kim Mak BBS JP, President, Caritas Institute of Higher Education and Caritas Bianchi College of Careers
- Mr Francis Phua, Managing Director, Eu Yan Sang (Hong Kong) Limited
- Mr Norman Tam, Vice President, Cloud & Smart Industries Group, Tencent Holdings Limited
- Mr Peter Yan, Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Cyberport Management Co Ltd
- Mr Charlie Yip, Managing Director, OTO Bodycare (H.K.) Limited
Members of the 2020/21 Marketing Management Committee of the HKMA include:
- Mr S K Cheong, Executive Director, PuraPharm (Chairman)
- Mr Calvin Chan, Chairman & CEO, CATALO Group
- Dr Bankee Kwan JP, Chairman and CEO, CASH Group
- Prof Randy Lai, CEO, McDonald’s Hong Kong
- Mr Bruce Lam, Managing Director – Consumer Mobile, CSL Mobile Limited
- Mr Frank Lee, President, Tom Lee Music Co. Ltd
- Ms Scarlette Leung, Former Executive Director, Corporate Planning, Branding and Membership, The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- Mr Vincent Leung, President, SKECHERS Hong Kong Ltd
- Mr Edmund Mak, Executive Director, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Bossini International Holdings Ltd
- Mr Stanley Sun, Managing Director, Fuji Photo Products Co Ltd
- Mr Larry Sze, Chairman, Gibb Livingston & Co
- Mr Kent Wong, Managing Director, Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Ltd
- Ms Jeny Yeung, Commercial Director, MTR Corporation Ltd
- Mr Robert Young, Member, Marketing Management Committee
- Mr Titus Yu, Senior Regional Director, Prudential Hong Kong Ltd
SPONSORS AND SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS
Sponsors of the 2021 “HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence” include:
Special Award Title Sponsors
- Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited
- Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited
- Manulife (International) Limited
- McDonald’s Hong Kong
- Tai Hing Group Holdings Limited
- American Express International Inc
- AXA Hong Kong and Macau
- CLP Power Hong Kong Limited
- Eu Yan Sang (Hong Kong) Limited
- Fantastic Natural Cosmetics Limited
- Fuji Photo Products Company Limited
- The Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited
- HKT Limited
- MTR Corporation
- PrimeCredit Limited
- SKECHERS Hong Kong Limited
- Hong Kong Economic Times
- The Standard
Supporting Organizations of the 2021 “HKMA/ViuTV & Now TV Awards for Marketing Excellence” include:
- Digital Marketing Community
- The Hong Kong Advertisers Association
- Sales and Marketing Executives Club
About The Hong Kong Management Association
The Hong Kong Management Association (HKMA) was established in 1960. As a non profit making professional organization, its vision is to be the leading professional organization advancing management excellence in Hong Kong and the Region. To nurture human capital through management education and training at all levels, the Association offers over 2,000 training programmes and activities to more than 50,000 participants annually. A diverse range of programmes are provided including Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degrees offered in partnership with prestigious universities worldwide; Diploma programmes; Certificate courses; Distance Learning courses; seminars and workshops; as well as short courses for business executives and professionals. To promote best practices in management, the Association organizes eight annual business awards, which have become the highlights of the business community. The Association also provides around 13,000 members with a platform for the exchange of ideas, networking and personal development.
|HKMA Official Website:||www.hkma.org.hk|
|HKMA Official Facebook Page:||www.facebook.com/HKMAfb|
HK Television Entertainment Company Limited is dedicated to providing diverse audio visual entertainment for Hong Kong audiences. It operates free to air TV channels, which include Chinese language ViuTV on channel 99 and English language ViuTVsix on channel 96. Broadcasting on a 24 hour schedule, ViuTV produces factual entertainment, family variety shows, original dramas, travelogues, and informative shows, and offers quality news and sports programmes. ViuTVsix features a wide range of programmes, from famous American talk shows and classic Hollywood movies to live broadcasts on major entertainment and sporting events.
|ViuTV Official Website:||www.viu.tv|
|ViuTV Official Facebook Page:||www.facebook.com/ViuTV.hk|
About Now TV
Now TV is the leading pay TV service in Hong Kong and the media entertainment arm of HKT, Hong Kong’s premier telecommunications service provider and a leading innovator.
Since its launch in 2003, Now TV has been offering top notch live sporting events and world class entertainment programs, delighting viewers with movies and TV series they love and keeping customers informed with quality news and documentaries. From Asian to Western, local to international, STEM for kids to infotainment, Now TV has something for everyone. Customers can access Now TV’s premium content on demand and through linear TV channels as well as the companion apps “Now Player”, “Now Sports” and “Now Player Junior”.
|Now TV Official Website:||www.nowtv.now.com|
|Now TV Official Facebook Page:||www.facebook.com/NowTV.hongkong|
Jointly issued by The Hong Kong Management Association, Hong Kong Television Entertainment Company and HKT Limited on Thursday, 4 March 2021.
|Ms Lily Hui||2774 8560 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Senior Membership & Event Manager, The Hong Kong Management Association|
|Ms Renee Cheng||3958 4818 / email@example.com|
|Membership & Event Manager, The Hong Kong Management Association|
|Ms Portia Wong||9427 7493 / 3665 5834 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant Vice President, HK Television Entertainment Company Limited|
|Mr. Ivan Ho||2883 8747 / email@example.com|
|Group Communications Manager, HKT Limited|
HKT Limited is a company incorporated in the Cayman Islands with limited liability.