MSc Cyber Security and Data Governance is a one-year postgraduate course. The course provides students with award-winning careers support and the University has an outstanding track record of guiding students to their right career paths in a variety of business areas. In addition, practical approach to teaching is adapted to help students to develop transferable skills such as research, presenting, critical analysis, problem solving, team work and entrepreneurship.
The University of Law is the course operator and awarding body of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
12 months / 18 months if students select the work experience route
The University of Law
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
- UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 80,000 members, the Hong Kong Alumni Network (HKAN) consists of practising lawyers in Hong Kong, England and Wales
- Award-winning careers support to help students find employment and outstanding track record of finding students the right career path to suit them across the wide business area
- Programmes are taught by qualified lawyers and business professionals with extensive practical experience to pass on to students
|Data Management||30 credits|
|Fundamentals of Cyber Security||30 credits|
|Applied Cyber Security||30 credits|
|One elective module from the list below:|
|Procurement and Supply Chain Management||30 credits|
|Professional Development||Non-credit bearing|
|Business Project||60 credits|
From the third semester, students may choose to undertake a work placement instead of a dissertation or project. The work placement is for 9 months. Students must complete 600 hours of work. The work placement is worth 60 credits.
- One-year postgraduate course
- Practical courses delivered by experienced teachers and specialists with industry expertise to boost students employability
- Content from Salesforce Trailhead and Amazon Web Services Educate are integrated in the course providing the latest technology skills demanded by employers
- Equip students with the skills to manage and analyse an organisation’s data assets and security measures, and provide an understanding of data governance principles, practices and technologies
The programme will commence in September 2022.
Entry and English Language Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a second class honours (lower division) or above or equivalent
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above, with a minimum of 5.5 in each component. Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degree fully in English may be exempted from the English Language proficiency requirement
HK$95,000 (by monthly / termly instalment)
* Students can enjoy 5% (Early Bird Discount) + 10% (Hong Kong Campus Award) for application submitted and offer accepted on or before 1 June 2022 for the September 2022 intake.
After 1 June, students can enjoy 10% (HK Campus Award) for application submitted and offer accepted for the September 2022 intake.
|Dr Sonia Lee|
|Phone:||2774 8500 or 2774 8501|
|Email:||email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
The information is for guidance only and does not form part of any contract. The University of Law reserves the right to change any of the programmes, entry requirements and tuition fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.