The MSc in Law, Business and Management (LPC MSc)* prepares students for practice as a trainee solicitor, developing both legal knowledge and skills. There is a particular focus on the skills of Interviewing, Advocacy, Research, Writing and Drafting, but many different skills and competencies are developed through the programme. The MSc will develop additional business knowledge and commercial awareness.
If you want to work for a law firm or an employer with a corporate/commercial focus or if you are interested in understanding business from both the commercial as well as the legal perspective, our LPC MSc will equip you with the key legal knowledge and skills required to work successfully in legal practice and will provide a pronounced business focus which will enable you to better understand your clients’ business practices.
The University of Law is the course operator of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
10 months (Full-time)
23 months (Part-time)
Add to Calendar:
Add to Calendar:
The University of Law
• One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
• Courses are taught by qualified lawyers. Students will also benefit from practical training other than just theoretical teaching
• Access to a number of opportunities to work on cases while studying
• UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 90,000 members. The University of Law Hong Kong Alumni Network (HKAN) has a strong alumni database, including qualified lawyers from the Hong Kong, United Kingdom and other Asia Pacific countries
• Working with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms
• Close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers
• Providing students with the best employability service including professional advice, practical experience and links to the profession to help our students to succeed in their career goals
Flexible Study Options
• Both full-time and part-time options are available
- Introduction to Professional Practice
- Business Law and Practice Knowledge and Skills
- Dispute Resolution Knowledge and Skills, including Criminal Litigation
- Real Estate Knowledge and Skills
Successfully complete your LPC with either an extra elective of your choice or a Law and Business module and a Business Case Study Report and you will receive an MSc in Law, Business and Management.
Stage 2 Modules
Students choose 3 from the following options*:
- Advanced Criminal Practice
- Advanced Real Estate
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Competition Law
- Banking & Debt Finance
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence
- Public Companies
- Private Client
* subject to availability
Law and Business Modules
- The Economy, Business Environment and Globalisation
- The Functioning of the City Management
- Financial Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Business Development
Business Case Study Report
The programme will commence in September and January.
- Students must comply with the requirements for commencing The LPC set out by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
- Students must possess either a Qualifying Law Degree usually at 2:2 or above, or a Common Professional Examination (CPE)/Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or similar qualification such as CILEX.
- A law degree that meets certain academic standards in order to qualify. This must include having adequately passed assessments in the seven Foundations of Legal Knowledge; Public Law, Obligations I (Contract), Obligations II (Tort), Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity & Trusts and Law of the European Union.
- In addition to the above, we also require an English language qualification at a level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Hong Kong Campus Award*
A 10% tuition fee reduction will apply to all students studying ULaw undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Hong Kong in 2023-2024.
Hong Kong Early Bird Discount*
A 5% tuition fee reduction will be offered to the eligible students studying ULaw undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in 2023-2024. To enjoy this offer, applicants need to have accepted the admission offer for ULaw Hong Kong face-to-face courses before the date listed below.
1 December 2023- for courses starting from January 2024 to March 2024
(* Terms and Conditions apply. Please refer to the University website for details.)
|Dr Sonia Lee|
|Phone:||2774 8500 or 2774 8501|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com|
The information is for guidance only and does not form part of any contract. The University of Law reserves the right to change any of the programmes, entry requirements and tuition fees without notice.