The LLM programmes are designed for law or non-law graduates who wish to specialize in a particular area of the law. Those with an academic grounding in English law would still find the programme beneficial in terms of enhancing their skills or specializing in relevant areas. Total there are nine specializations*:
|Course Name||Registration No.|
|LLM Company Law||253063|
|LLM Corporate Governance||253064|
|LLM Corporate Governance Grad: CG||253071|
|LLM International Business Law||253065|
|LLM International Corporate Governance||253066|
|LLM International Human Rights||253067|
|LLM Master of Law (General)||253070|
|LLM Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution||253068|
|LLM Medical Law and Ethics||253069|
The structured course is taught by qualified lawyers with lectures and practical workshops, and with online resources and learning tools to develop students’ legal skills.
The University of Law is the course operator and awarding body of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
The University of Law
• One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
• Courses are taught by qualified lawyers. Students will also benefit from practical training other than just theoretical teaching
• Access to a number of opportunities to work on cases while studying
• UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 71,000 members, the Hong Kong Alumni Network consists of practising lawyers in Hong Kong, England and Wales
• Working with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms
• Mentoring Scheme and Regular Networking Events in Hong Kong
• A number of experts providing one-to-one support for Legal Career and employability service
Flexible Study Options
• Can choose one focus area and several electives
• Suitable for working executives
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3|
Research Methods Training
Core module depends on the LLM specialization chosen.
For example: If you have chosen Company Law as the specialization, you have to study Company Law as the core module.
Choose 3 electives from:
All elective modules are subject to availability
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a second class honours (lower division) or above or equivalent. Students with a non-law background will need to attend a compulsory two weeks induction before class commences.
English Proficiency: An English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component. Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degree fully in English may be exempted from the English Language proficiency requirement.
HK$120,000* (by termly or monthly instalments)
* Students can enjoy 5% early bird discount for application submitted and offer accepted on or before 1 August 2021. An additional 10% bursary discount is available for all students as well.
|Ms Fion Sze|
|Ms Wing Ho|
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.