The GDL is a conversion course for law or non-law graduates wishing to become a solicitor or a barrister. Law graduates aiming for a second chance into the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) are also welcome to apply for the course. The course also allows students to progress onto the Legal Practice Course (LPC) or Bar Practice Course (BPC) to become solicitors or barristers in England and Wales.
The structured course is taught by qualified lawyers with lectures and practical workshops, and with online resources and learning tools to develop students’ legal skills.
The MA Law is an alternative to the GDL which is a Master’s Level qualification.
The University of Law is the course operator and awarding body of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
Early Bird Discount
Save up to:HK$15,000
Deadline for Discount:August 1, 2020
The University of Law
• One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
• Courses are taught by qualified lawyers. Students will also benefit from practical training other than just theoretical teaching
• Access to a number of opportunities to work on cases while studying
• UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 71,000 members, many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong, Malaysia, England and Wales
• Working with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms
• Close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers
• A number of experts providing one-to-one support for Legal Career and employability service
Flexible Study Options
• Both part-time and full-times options are available
• Part-time: 1 weekday night + Sunday morning
• Full-time: 2 full days / 4 half days a week
|Compulsory online pre-course study on Legal Method (50 Hours)||30-minute multiple choice question open book exam|
|Ethics and Professional Legal Practice||Graded essay (2,000 words) on an ethnical dilemma|
|Public Law||Closed-book, three-hour exam (Answer 3 questions from a choice of 6 in each exam, a passing score of 40% on each module is required)|
|European Union Law|
|Equity & Trusts|
|Research Project OR Law of Organizations||Research Project: 4,500 words legal essay; Law of Organizations: 2,000 words legal report|
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a second class honours (lower division) or above or equivalent.
English Proficiency: An English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 in each component. Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degree fully in English may be exempted from the English Language proficiency requirement.
HK$ 100,000* (by instalments)
* Students can enjoy 5% (early bird discount) + 10% (bursary discount) for application submitted and offer accepted on or before 1 August 2020.
Application fee for full-time students on LawCabs: UK£25 (Approximately HK$250, Non-refundable)
Please note that non-local students can only undertake the full-time courses. Part-time study is not permitted due to Hong Kong Immigration Department regulations.