Think On Your Feet® is a practical, intensive workshop on how to speak spontaneously with clarity and impact. The workshop gives you simple and step-by-step methods to train your mind in structured communication.
Getting your ideas across to others is critical to success in most roles. Sometimes we do this in a formal presentation but the great majority of communication is informal, without preparation or aids: over the phone; via email, in meetings or even after formal presentations.
This course, attended by over 100,000 professionals worldwide, teaches the ‘capsules of persuasion’ concept and ways to structure your ideas on the spot. Using this concept, you can speak spontaneously and coherently and cope with challenging questions wherever and whenever you need to Think On Your Feet®.
Date & Time
Monday, 27 September 2021
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday, 28 September 2021
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Hong Kong Management Association
1-6/F First Commercial Building,
33-35 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay,
- Techniques to package persuasion
- Structuring ideas simply and clearly
- Speaking in different situations – one on one, on the phone, in meetings and presentations
- Using three-part communication plans to display analysis
- Placing your ideas into simple and unifying structures
- Relying on structured reasoning to answer questions quickly
- Using handy fall back techniques when you are caught off guard
- Achieving objectivity and expressing issues from different viewpoints
- Handling objections and tough questions positively
- Broadening or focusing on your listener’s perspective
- Handling sensitive or confidential information
- Moving two opposing viewpoints to a middle ground
- Selling the benefits of your ideas, products and services
- Using examples to increase understanding and recall
- Developing ideas through the use of opposites
- Explaining an issue by cause and effect
- Structuring a presentation at short notice
Phil Day is an international presenter who specialises in communication skills. He is a leader in his profession and an engaging facilitator. Today, Phil specialises in 2 key areas – Communication Skills and Thinking Skills. He is recognised internationally as a leading facilitator and presenter. Workshop participants describe him as “motivating”, “humourous and supportive”, “knowledgeable on his subject” and his sessions as “best I’ve ever attended”, “positive”, “confidence building” and “very open and friendly”. His workshops throughout Asia-Pacific continue to draw accolades. Across the region he is described as “a great communicator” and “someone who can communicate across all levels”. Phil is recognised as a “trainer’s trainer” – the accolade of his peers. A master trainer for the Think On Your Feet® programme throughout the Asia/ Pacific region; his special expertise is in training the trainers.
Information at a Glance
Tuition fee for Members:HK$4,880
Tuition fee for Non-members:HK$5,180
Medium of Instruction:English
Mode of Instruction:Face-to-face
Due to current COVID-19 situation, the mode of instruction might be changed from face-to-face to online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. The Association will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements as necessary.