To improve the overall productivity of the construction industry, the HKSAR Government is actively promoting the Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology and extending the mandatory use of BIM for public works projects. In Hong Kong, there is still a shortage of professionals who are qualified in the use of BIM technology, capable of the effective coordination of all processes, workflow, people, assets, etc. that BIM requires.
This certificate programme aims to develop construction managers, practitioners and related personnel with the knowledge, skills and competencies in BIM technology, to meet industry needs and professional certification standards, and to advance their careers.
Practitioners and professionals with relevant experience in BIM projects who wish to become a CIC-certified BIM Manager.
Lecture, case study, group discussion, and hands-on workshops
Language: Cantonese, with English materials
- BIM Initiation
- BIM Software, Platform & Technologies
- BIM Uses and Processes
- Digital Information, Collaboration, and Integration
- Commercial and Contractual Aspects
Upon completion of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Describe BIM concept definitions and scope, BIM standards and guidelines in the Hong Kong and global contexts
- Explain and apply BIM software, the modelling process, and current and upcoming technologies
- Recognize the role of a BIM Manager relative to other construction stakeholders
- Uphold the quality of BIM personnel in meeting the industry’s needs
- Prepare a BIM implementation/execution plan across all processes of the whole project cycle
- Promote valuable knowledge base to ISO19650, BIM level 3, including IoT, smart city, blockchain, etc.
- Understand the importance of BIM & digitalization
- Describe commercial and financial issues of BIM as well as BIM-related contractual issues
Information at a Glance
Tuition fee for Members:HKD$15,500
Tuition fee for Non-members:HKD$16,000
Medium of Instruction:Cantonese
Mode of Instruction:Face-to-face
Due to current COVID-19 situation, the mode of instruction might be changed from face-to-face to online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. The Association will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements as necessary.
Module 1 – BIM Initiation
1.1 BIM Concept
1.2 Local & Global Contexts, BIM Standards and Guidelines
Module 2 – BIM Software, Platform & Technologies
2.1 BIM Software
2.2 BIM Technologies
Module 3 – BIM Uses and Processes
3.1 BIM Strategic Stage
3.2 Pre-tender Project Stage
3.3 Definition & Design Stage
3.4 Construction Stage
3.5 Handover Stage
3.6 Operation & Maintenance Stage
Module 4 – Digital Information, Collaboration and Integration
4.1 Digital Information Management
4.2 Common Data Environment (CDE)
4.3 Data Quality Control & Assurance across various stages
Module 5 – Commercial and Contractual Aspects
5.1 Commercial Issues
5.2 Contract Issues
17, 24 September & 8, 15, 22 October
14, 18, 21, 27 October & 1 November
28 October, 4, 11, 18 & 25 November
2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 December
3/F, Tower 2, South Seas Centre, 75 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Unit B, 16/F, Nathan Commercial Building 430 Nathan Road, Kowloon
Headquartered in Hong Kong, isBIM offers unrivaled digital built solutions to governments, leading developers, consultants, contractors, and facility managers in the Greater China regions and beyond. As a member of C Cheng Group (1486. HKEX), isBIM remains the most influential BIM consultant in Asia, engaging in over 1,600 global projects with an expert team of 450 international talents and 30 strategic partners – The British Standards Institution (BSI), Autodesk, the Construction Industry Council, and more.
With continued innovation since its inception in 2010, isBIM aspires to take every built project – big or small – online by making BIM and digital twin technology accessible to all built leaders. In 2016, isBIM founded the subsidiary, Shenzhen Qianhai Jarvis Data Consulting Co., Ltd (Jarvis in short), to further its commitment to research and development.
|Group Discount:||HK$500 less per person (For 2 or more persons enrolling at the same time, for the same intake)|
– Preferably with a degree in architecture, engineering, surveying, building or construction, or equivalent recognized by CIC, plus five years of relevant post-degree experience (including at least six months in Hong Kong)
Practical BIM Experience
– At least two years of practical experience in BIM in past five years (including at least six months in Hong Kong).
– Admission priority will be given to project managers or professionals, who possess a degree in architecture, engineering, surveying, building, or construction (or equivalent as recognized by CIC); or currently working on construction projects.
Award of Certificate
Participants who achieve minimum 90% attendance and pass course assessments will be awarded “Certificate for Professional Building Information Modelling (BIM) Managers” by The Hong Kong Management Association.
The programme is on the list of CIC-accredited BIM Manager Courses. Successful completion of this programme meets one of the criteria for registration as a CIC-certified BIM Manager.