Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is becoming more and more important on corporate business agendas. Over 90% business executives acknowledge its importance but less than 60% of business organizations have established effective ESG strategy and framework. There is a strong need for competent ESG professionals to help business organizations to establish cost-effective and practical ESG strategy and framework.
The course offers participants hands-on experience of applying the ESG theories (based on Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) four core elements) in their business settings fulfilling different ESG requirements e.g. TCFD, ISSB and HKEX ESG Guidelines. Furthermore, participants can understand how to establish an effective ESG system in a business organization and carry out climate change risk assessment, scenario analysis and climate resilience.
- Introduction to ESG Framework, challenges and opportunities, business cases and value creation
- Latest ESG development -ISSB, TCFD, Task Force on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD), GRI
- ESG Governance – HK Listing Rules on governance and requirements under TCFD, ISO 37000 on corporate governance;ESG Strategy
- Different ESG Ratings Methodologies; ESG Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Introduction to Climate Risk Management
- Risk Management and Scenario Analysis (Hands-on exercise)
- ESG Metrics and Targets
- Social Aspects – occupational health & safety, labour practices and corporate social responsibliity
- Sustainabliity for Supply Chain Management and Green Procurement
- Science-based Targets towards Carbon Neutrality
- Case studies and group reporting