Designing Company-Level Recognition Programs
- Understanding the importance of company-level recognition programs in enhancing employee engagement
- Aligning the recognition program with company values and goals
- Establishing clear criteria for recognition and defining desired behaviors
- Creating a framework for nomination and selection processes
Department-Level Recognition by Department Heads or Managers
- Recognizing the significance of department-level recognition in driving employee engagement
- Exploring methods for department-level recognition that motivate employees and reinforce desired behaviors
- Empowering department heads and managers to effectively recognize and appreciate their team members
- Fostering a culture of recognition within departments to promote employee engagement and teamwork
Cross-Departments and Peer-to-Peer Recognition
- Understanding the importance and power of cross-department and peer-to-peer recognition in boosting employee engagement
- Creating a culture of recognition and appreciation among colleagues
- Sharing examples of successful peer-to-peer recognition programs
- Encouraging employees to acknowledge and celebrate each other’s contributions
Effective Communication and Implementation of Recognition Programs
- Developing strategies to effectively communicate recognition programs to employees
- Ensuring transparency and clarity in the recognition process
- Implementing tools and platforms to facilitate recognition and make it accessible to all employees
- Evaluating and continuously improving the recognition program based on feedback and results
Sustaining and Evolving Recognition Initiatives
- Strategies for sustaining employee engagement through ongoing recognition efforts
- Monitoring and measuring the impact of recognition programs on employee satisfaction and performance
- Adapting and evolving recognition initiatives to meet changing employee needs and preferences
- Leveraging technology and innovation to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of recognition programs
Course Objectives / Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the programme, the Target Learners will have the knowledge and skills to create comprehensive recognition programs that contribute to a positive work environment and overall organizational success. They can develop strategies for communicating recognition initiatives, sustaining them over time, and adapting to changing employee needs.
Profile of Instructors
Eliza is an accomplished HR professional with over 30 years of experience in senior executive roles across various organizations. She holds a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Development and Training, demonstrating her commitment to professional growth. Eliza is well respected in the HR community and has contributed significantly through her involvement in professional organizations. She serves as a member of the Hong Kong Management Association’s People Development Management Committee and is a Board of Examiner for the HKMA Award for Excellence in Training and Development. She is also actively involved in promoting women’s leadership and advancing workforce development through her roles in the Chamber’s Women Executives Club and the Manpower Committee.
Additionally, Eliza is committed to environmental, social, and governance issues as a member of the HKIHRM’s ESG Committee. Her exceptional leadership skills have been recognized with awards such as “The Most Popular Business Leaders of the month” and “Best of the Best HR STAR of the Year.” Eliza’s industry-related activities include serving as an Examination Moderator and a judge for various HR awards, further promoting industry standards and practices.
Kenneth is a well experienced and respected veteran of the hospitality industry, with over 38 years of expertise. He has a professional qualification in Hospitality Management and a Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management. In his most recent role as Assistant Vice President – Human Resources for the Shangri-La Group, he played a crucial role in HR governance and acted as an HR Business Partner for senior managers in the group.
Throughout his career, Kenneth has excelled in developing people culture, ensuring compliance, implementing HR frameworks, and driving employee engagement strategies. He is passionate about talent development and providing exceptional guest experiences. He is also committed to sharing his expertise for the industry’s long-term success.
Kenneth has made significant contributions to the field through his involvement in committees and organizations. He has served on the Human Resources Development Committee of the Hong Kong Management Association and the Board of Examiners for the HKMA Award for Excellence in Training and Development.
Ivy started her career in hotel, petrochemical company, and public media organization as an in-house trainer focusing on management and customer service training. She is a highly experienced human resources and total quality management professional with 30 years of experience in the field. She has worked across various industries and has a proven track record of spearheading the development and deployment of company vision, creating a communicative culture, and caring workplace in alignment with people and culture strategies. Ivy holds a Degree in Hotel Management and a Master Degree in Training.
Ivy has held various leadership positions throughout her career, including as Global Chief Intellectual Capital Officer at Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group, Head of Human Resources and Administration at Octopus Holdings Limited, and Pre-opening team & Director of Intellectual Capital and Quality at Langham Place Hotel, Hong Kong. In these roles, she advised and assisted executive directors and boards to foster business sustainability and organizational transformation, developed and deployed total quality management system, revamped employee experience journey, reviewed and revamped the compensation and benefits system, developed and deployed competency model and leadership development programmes, revamped performance appraisal systems, and managed succession planning system.