The PPC is designed to prepare students or graduates of LLB (Hons), Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), MA Law or the Common Professional Examination (CPE) to undertake the necessary PCLL Conversion examinations for admissions into the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) in Hong Kong.
The programme is designed with two objectives in mind: to provide candidates with all the content and knowledge for the exam (including comprehensive manuals for each subject) and to focus on writing skills and exam techniques in a series of intensive seminars taking place right before the PCLL Conversion examinations.
The University of Law is the course operator of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
20 hours of lectures and face-to-face time per module
(10 hours for Commercial Law Part C)
The University of Law
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
- UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 80,000 members, many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong, Malaysia, England and Wales
- Working with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms
- Close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers
- Courses are taught by qualified lawyers. Students will also benefit from practical training other than just theoretical teaching
- A number of experts providing one-to-one support for Legal Career and employability service
The session will be conducted in Cantonese.
Add to Calendar:
Information at a Glance
Best Before 15 February 2023 to secure a seat
Medium of Instruction:English
Mode of Instruction:Face-to-face
Due to current COVID-19 situation, the mode of instruction might be changed from face-to-face to online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. The Association will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements as necessary.
- Business Associations
- Commercial Law A
- Commercial Law B
- Commercial Law C
- Hong Kong Constitutional Law
- Hong Kong Land Law
- Hong Kong Legal System
Drop in Workshop
|PCLL Conversion Examinations (External)|
The programme will commence in April and October 2023.
Note: For April 2023 intake, classes of the modules Commercial Law B, Business Association, and HK Legal Systems will start at the end of March.
|Full course or modules||Fee|
|Full Course (with Full Package Discount)||HK$62,878.60|
|Commercial Law A||HK$8,825|
|Commercial Law B||HK$8,825|
|Commercial Law C||HK$4,413|
|Hong Kong Constitutional Law||HK$8,825|
|Hong Kong Land Law||HK$8,825|
|Hong Kong Legal System||HK$8,825|
|Dr Sonia Lee|
|Phone:||2774 8500 or 2774 8501|
The information is for guidance only and does not form part of any contract. The University of Law reserves the right to change any of the programmes, entry requirements and tuition fees without notice.