This course is for those who wish to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales using the SQE pathway to qualification. The course will prepare you for the SRA’s centralised SQE1 assessments, which will test functioning legal knowledge (FLK).
The University of Law is the course operator of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
12 weeks (Full-time)
27 weeks (Part-time)
The University of Law
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
- UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 80,000 members, many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong, Malaysia, England and Wales
- Working with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms
- Close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers
Flexible Study Options
- Both full-time and part-time options are available
- Taught by experienced practitioners
- Tutor contact time and weekly individual feedback
- Study manuals included within the course fee specifically for the SQE 1 syllabus
- Supported by the ULaw SQE revision app
- Examination Preparation Course offered as part of the course
- A number of experts providing one-to-one support for Legal career and employability service, including Qualifying Work Experience options
The session will be conducted in Cantonese.
Add to Calendar:
Information at a Glance
and January 8, 2024
March 6, 2023
and September 11, 2023
Medium of Instruction:English
Mode of Instruction:Face-to-face
Due to current COVID-19 situation, the mode of instruction might be changed from face-to-face to online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. The Association will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements as necessary.
Functioning Legal Knowledge 1 (FLK1)
- Business Law and Practice
- Dispute Resolution
- Contract *
- Tort *
- Legal System of England and Wales *
- Constitutional and Administrative Law and EU Law *
- Legal Services
Functioning Legal Knowledge 2 (FLK2)
- Property Practice
- Wills and the Administration of Estates
- Solicitors Accounts
- Land Law *
- Trusts *
- Criminal Law *
- Criminal Practice
* Students will be expected to have studied these subjects before starting the SQE1 Preparation Course. These subjects will not be taught, but students will have opportunities to revise the law content throughout this course. These subjects are covered in our SQE Law Essentials course.
Full-time: 21 March 2022 and 19 September 2022 and 20 March 2023
Part-time: 27 June 2022 and 16 January 2023 and 26 June 2023
None required. However, the SRA requires a degree (or equivalent) to qualify as a solicitor. A diagnostic test would be given before the course starts.