This course is for those who wish to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales with the SQE pathway. This course will prepare you for the SRA’s centralised SQE2 skills assessments, which will test the practical legal skills of client interviewing, advocacy, legal writing, drafting and research, and case and matter analysis.
The University of Law is the course operator of the Hong Kong programmes, while The Hong Kong Management Association provides teaching venues and administrative support.
6 weeks (Full-time)
18 weeks (Part-time)
The University of Law
- One of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education since 1876
- UK’s largest legal alumni group with over 80,000 members, many of whom are qualified lawyers in Hong Kong, Malaysia, England and Wales
- Working with 90 of the top 100 UK law firms
- Close links with a wide range of barristers’ chambers
Flexible Study Options
- Both full-time and part-time options are available
- Taught by experienced practitioners
- One-to-one oral skills mocks with feedback
- Study manuals included within the course fee specifically for the SQE 2 syllabus
- Supported by the ULaw SQE revision app
- Examination Preparation Course offered as part of the course
- Access to full suite of Support Services
- A number of experts providing one-to-one support for Legal career and employability service, including Qualifying Work Experience options
Add to Calendar:
Add to Calendar:
- Interviewing: Planning for and conducting an interview with a client, producing an attendance note recording a client interview and initial legal analysis.
- Advocacy/Persuasive Oral Communication: Planning for and conducting a piece of advocacy before a judge.
- Case and matter analysis: Producing a written report to a partner giving a legal analysis of a case and providing client-focused advice.
- Practical Legal Research: Conducting legal research from a variety of resources, and producing a written report.
- Legal Writing: Producing a letter or email as the solicitor acting in a matter, which clearly and correctly applies the law and is appropriate to the recipient.
- Legal Drafting: Producing a piece of drafting using a precedent, or amending a document.
None required. However, the SRA requires you to pass SQE1 before attempting SQE2 and a degree (or equivalent) to qualify as a solicitor.
HKD$58,200 (for courses commencing in September 2023)
|Dr Sonia Lee|
|Phone:||2774 8500 or 2774 8501|
The information is for guidance only and does not form part of any contract. The University of Law reserves the right to change any of the programmes, entry requirements and tuition fees without notice.