Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is becoming more and more important on corporate business agendas. Over 90% business executives acknowledge its importance but less than 60% of business organizations have established effective ESG strategy and framework. There is a strong need for competent ESG professionals to help business organizations to establish cost-effective and practical ESG strategy and framework.
The course offers participants hands-on experience of applying the ESG theories (based on Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) four core elements) in their business settings fulfilling different ESG requirements e.g. TCFD, ISSB and HKEX ESG Guidelines. Furthermore, participants can understand how to establish an effective ESG system in a business organization and carry out climate change risk assessment, scenario analysis and climate resilience.
Pilot GSF Capacity Building Support Scheme [Maximum HK$10,000 Subsidy]
Name of Programme Provider: The Hong Kong Management Association
Programme Provider Identification Code: PP-TRR419
Programme Identification Code: GTP-744237
Programme Name: Advanced Certificate in Practical Development and Implementation of ESG Framework for Business Success
This programme is one of the Eligible Programmes under the Pilot Green and Sustainable Finance Capacity Building Support Scheme .
Eligible applicants may apply for reimbursement of relevant fees upon successful completion of Eligible Programmes, subject to a ceiling of HK$10,000 and other conditions.
Application should be sent directly to the Pilot GSF Capacity Building Support Scheme office within three months after programme completion. Pilot GSF Capacity Building Support Scheme office reserves the right of final decision. For details, please visit the Scheme website: www.greentalent.org.hk or contact the Scheme enquiry hotline: 852-2258-6000 or email to email@example.com.
- Introduction to ESG Framework, challenges and opportunities, business cases and value creation
- Latest ESG development -ISSB, TCFD, Task Force on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD), GRI
- ESG Governance – HK Listing Rules on governance and requirements under TCFD, ISO 37000 on corporate governance;ESG Strategy
- Different ESG Ratings Methodologies; ESG Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Introduction to Climate Risk Management
- Risk Management and Scenario Analysis (Hands-on exercise)
- ESG Metrics and Targets
- Social Aspects – occupational health & safety, labour practices and corporate social responsibliity
- Sustainabliity for Supply Chain Management and Green Procurement
- Science-based Targets towards Carbon Neutrality
- Case studies and group reporting
Information at a Glance
Medium of Instruction:Cantonese
Mode of Instruction:Face-to-face
Advanced Certificate in Practical Development and Implementation of ESG Framework for Business Success