The Hong Kong Management Association (HKMA) jointly offers a top-up degree programme with the University of Greenwich. This bachelor degree programme not only aims to prepare students in strengthening their business and management knowledge but also to develop their analytical skills. This Greenwich bachelor degree programme is tailored specially for holders of Associate Degree, Higher Diploma, Advanced Diploma, and Professional Diploma, etc.
Why choose the University of Greenwich BA (Hons) Business Studies?
- An express way for a Reputable UK Degree
The University of Greenwich is an internationally recognized university. The programme is a fully accredited British undergraduate university degree.
- Upgrading your academic qualification in 8 or 12 months
Students can complete the programme in 8 months with 4 modules (Year 3 Entry) or 12 months with 6 modules (Year 2 Entry).
- Different Specializations
Students can choose to study a specialization module from a range of elective options including Business Studies, Digital Marketing, E-Business, Events Management, Finance, Human Resource Management and Logistics.
- Fully taught by experienced local associate faculty
The programme is taught by local experienced associate faculty with local, innovative and practical knowledge and therefore participants can easily apply what they have learnt into their daily work. Presentations, problem-solving exercises, projects and self-managed learning activities are used to encourage flexible thinking and independent learning.
- Affordable and competitive programme fee
The Programme can be enrolled in an affordable and competitive programme fee.
University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich has been providing higher education for over 125 years. The University is a public, research university with four faculties: Architecture, Computing & Humanities; Business School; Education & Health; and Engineering & Science. The university operates across three campuses: Greenwich and Avery Hill in London and Medway in Kent. It has over 38,000 UK and international students studying at three campuses in the UK, and an additional 17,000 students studying overseas.
Achievements of University of Greenwich:
- Winners of the Queen’s Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education (2000, 2002, 2007, 2015, 2019)
- 1st in London for Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism subjects (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- 2nd in London for Marketing Subjects (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Achieved a Teaching Excellence Framework Silver rating
Alumni of the University of Greenwich
Professor Charles Kao
- Nobel Prize winner in Physics in 2009 for his ground breaking research in fibre optics
- A graduate of Electrical Engineering programme at the University’s predecessor, Woolwich Polytechnic, in 1957
Mr Abiy Ahmed
- 2019 Nobel Peace Prize winner for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation
- A graduate of MA in Transformational Leadership and Change in 2011
|Year 2 Entry|
|a. Period of study||12 months (3 x 4-month terms)|
|b. No. of modules||6 modules (Year 2 studies : 2 modules; Year 3 studies : 4 modules;)|
|c. Mode of study||Each module comprises 13 regular weekly lectures.|
|Year 3 Entry|
|a. Period of study||8 months (2 x 4-month terms)|
|b. No. of modules||4 modules|
|c. Mode of study||Each course comprises 13 regular weekly lectures.|
Module 1:Final Year Project: Consultancy Project
Module 2:Managing Strategy (Collaborations)
Module 3:Small Business Management (Collaborations)
Module 4:Specialisation Studies (any one of the followings)
- Business Studies
International Management and Organizational Functions (Collaborations)
- Digital Marketing
Direct and Digital Marketing Strategy
- Events Management
Events Venue Management
Corporate Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
International Human Resource Management
International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- HKMA ADMS(DMS) holders;
- Higher Diploma; or
- Associate Degree holders; or
- Equivalent qualifications
60 Credits Exemption (Qualified Candidates Only)
Module 1: Operations Management
Module 2: Creativity and Decision-Making in Business
- HKMA Professional Diploma holders (business related)
- Higher Diploma; or
- HKMA ADSA holders or
- Equivalent qualifications
120 Credits Exemption (Qualified Candidates Only)
* Supporting document on English Proficiency is required.
ADMS: Advanced Diploma in Management Studies, a programme jointly offered by Lingnan University and HKMA
ADBM: Advanced Diploma in Business Management, a programme jointly offered by Lingnan University and HKMA
ADSA: Advanced Diploma in Secretarial and Administrative studies, HKMA
– Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) is equivalent to Advanced Diploma in Management Studies (ADMS)
– Diploma in Business Management (DBM) is equivalent to Advanced Diploma in Business Management (ADBM)
Students, upon successful completion of the whole programme will be awarded the BA (Hons) Business Studies by the University of Greenwich.
BA (Hons) Business Studies is an approved programme of the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS). Students can apply for an ENLS loan to cover the tuition fees payable of this programme.
Year 3 Entry: HK$60,800
Year 2 Entry: HK$73,400 (including year 2 and 3 studies)
- For entry into Year 3
Holders of Diploma in Management Studies (DMS)/Advanced Diploma in Management Studies (ADMS) jointly organised by Hong Kong Polytechnic and the HKMA/Lingnan University and the HKMA, or equivalent qualification, such as relevant Advanced/Higher Diplomas or Associate Degrees from institutes such as VTC, HKU SPACE, CUSCS, CityU SCOPE, HKCC, HKBU SCE, etc. Or
For entry into Year 2
Holders of Professional/Advanced Diplomas awarded by the HKMA or equivalent qualifications from recognized post-secondary institutions.
- English Proficiency
Applicants must be proficient in English Language and are required to provide evidence of proficiency if educated in a language other than English:
- IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or above;
- TOEFL 550 or above;
- Grade D or above obtained from HKCEE English (Syllabus B);
- Grade D or above from HKALE English Language; OR
- Level 3 or above from HKDSE, etc.
|Mr Sam Wong|
|Mr Ian Yong|
|Phone:||2774 8500 or 2774 8501|
|Email:||email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.